The Next Generation of Radio Communications: Airbus Defence and Space Displays Broadband Technology at the PMRExpo 2016
- Presents the radio and smartphone Tactilon Dabat and the new application developer programme SmarTWISP
- Displays “Tactilon Suite”, its broadband products and services portfolio, at stand D01, hall 10.2 at Koelnmesse in Cologne, Germany
Elancourt, 17 November 2016 – Airbus Defence and Space, the European leader of secure radio communications, will showcase its latest products and services at the PMR Expo 2016 in Cologne, Germany. The company also presents a large broadband portfolio for the next generation of Professional Mobile Radio (PMR).
Secure Land Communications (SLC), a subsidiary of Airbus Defence and Space, will feature the following broadband products and services under the family brand name Tactilon Suite:
- The Tactilon Dabat integrates a complete Tetra radio and a rugged smartphone in one device. It will be introduced with the new applications Taranis Mobile and Facewatch.
- Introduced previously under the name Tactilon TSA, Tactilon Agnet is an application for secure multimedia group communication over LTE. End users can exchange information via voice, photos or videos. Tactilon Agnet is also fully interoperable with Tetra and Tetrapol and allows secure group communication between smartphone users and Tetra or Tetrapol terminal users. The Airbus Defence and Space team at the PMR Expo will explain how this technology works.
- Tactilon Secure Mobile Virtual Network Operator (SMVNO) is an approach to obtain secure and trusted mobile access to broadband services via various operators. With SMVNO, Tetra and Tetrapol users, such as police and rescue services, are able to use video and mobile office applications via hybrid networks without compromising the security of their operations.
- The programme “SmarTWISP” intends to create a new application ecosystem to address the daily needs of PMR users. Applications from accredited developer companies will run on the Tactilon Dabat, but also on all other Tactilon Suite products. More information about this developer programme on the Airbus Defence and Space booth and the website dabat.com
In addition, customers, journalists and guests are welcomed to take a look at established Airbus Defence and Space products, such as the TH1n terminal and the P8GR pager. The latter was officially accredited for the German BOS Tetra network (Bosnet). You will get more information at our stand D01, hall 10.2 at Koelnmesse in Cologne, Germany.
Anke Sturtzel + 33 1 6138 5330 firstname.lastname@example.org
Kai Schlichtermann + 33 1 6138 5547 email@example.com