Motorola Solutions (NYSE: MSI), a leading provider of mission-critical communication solutions, announced today that Vattenfall Europe Distribution has selected Motorola to upgrade and expand its two Motorola TETRA (Terrestrial Trunked Radio) digital radio systems in Berlin and Hamburg, Germany. Motorola will upgrade the existing TETRA digital radio networks to its latest Dimetra TETRA Release 8.0 platform in addition to enhancing system resilience through the provision of additional redundant elements. The upgrade and expansion is expected to be completed by the end of this year.
Motorola’s Dimetra TETRA Release 8.0 platform delivers many new capabilities to users and enables significant reduction of operating costs for users through reduced site footprint, efficient site connectivity options and up to 60 percent reduction in power consumption.
- The TETRA digital radio solutions from Motorola enable Vattenfall to communicate reliably with its field employees in Berlin and Hamburg at all times. Even if public mobile or cable-based telephone networks should fail during disasters, Vattenfall technicians can still be contacted due to the redundant infrastructure of the TETRA digital radio solutions.
- In the course of the upgrade, Motorola will also implement its future-proof Dimetra SR 8.0 platform at Vattenfall. This enables superior performance and helps Vattenfall increase resilience and capacity and lower running costs through streamlined system upgrades and maintenance.
- Motorola has been a TETRA technology partner to Vattenfall Europe since 2006. The company delivers TETRA solutions to provide a fail-safe communications system that enables field workers to have access to required information at any time and at any location to further reduce power outages.
- Tremendous reduction of power outages can be achieved through the remote control of mid power stations via the TETRA-system. The scope of this important area can be further extended with the implementation of the new Dimetra TETRA Release 8.0 platform.
- The Motorola TETRA portfolio comprises infrastructure solutions, terminals, applications and services, which are currently used in more than 100 countries around the world. The company continues to maintain a leading position in the area of TETRA digital radio solutions and has delivered more than 1,500,000 TETRA terminals worldwide. Motorola recently won major contracts for delivering TETRA digital two-way radio technology to the German federal states Hessen and Lower-Saxony.
- At PMRExpo from Nov. 22-24 at the Koelnmesse in Cologne, Motorola (booth C31 in hall 10.2) will show its complete portfolio of TETRA and mobile computing solutions for government and enterprise customers. Trade show highlights encompass the MTP830 FuG and MTP850 FuG TETRA handheld digital radios and MTM800 FuG TETRA vehicle mobile radios. Motorola will also show its MTP850Ex TETRA portable ATEX radios for use in hazardous environments and its DMR and voice over IP solutions.
Klaus-Dieter Drossel, sales director, Key Accounts, Motorola Solutions Germany GmbH said:
“We are delighted to expand the TETRA digital radio network of Vattenfall Europe Distribution to make its voice and data communication ready for further requirements. With our numerous successful customer projects in the utilities sector as well as in other industries and the public sector, we have proven that we provide our customers with unique future-proof technology. At PMRExpo, the visitors can make themselves familiar with our latest developments.”
Website: Motorola Solutions
Mobile: +46 -(0)70 -744-8893
Phone: +49 – (0)6126 – 9576 – 502
Mobile: +49 – (0)172 – 6161 – 773