- Company receives award for strategy innovation and leadership in Europe
- Motorola Solutions seen as making investments to bring “smart public safety to fruition”
BASINGSTOKE, UK – March 24, 2015 – Motorola Solutions (NYSE: MSI) has been awarded Frost & Sullivan’s 2015 European Critical Communications Competitive Strategy Innovation and Leadership Award.
“Three technology providers, all at the forefront of the transformation of the public safety sector, were considered for this award, with Motorola Solutions scoring consistently higher overall,” said Sheridan Nye, senior analyst, Frost & Sullivan. “We believe Motorola Solutions is making the market leading investments in strategy and innovation that are needed to bring the ‘smart public safety’ market to fruition.”
For the “Competitive Strategy Innovation and Leadership Award,” Frost and Sullivan evaluated strategy innovation and customer impact. Strategy innovation was rated according to effectiveness, execution, competitive differentiation and stakeholder integration. Customer impact was rated according toprice/performance and brand equity.
Frost and Sullivan, a global industry analyst and consulting firm, highlights that Motorola Solutions offers its mission critical communications customers a path to converged voice and data, while helping them leverage technology investments and manage the cost of migration.
“Frost & Sullivan has identified a new urgency within mission critical communications, driven by the promise of mobile data and the increasing need to process real time information for improved decision-making,” said Kelly Mark, corporate vice president for strategy at Motorola Solutions. “With a focus on mission critical communications, data and information solutions, Motorola Solutions is driving new thought in the market as well as taking a dynamic approach to developing and delivering intelligence-led smart public safety. In doing so, we have achieved best-practice levels in competitive strategy that led to this latest recognition by Frost & Sullivan.”
Motorola Solutions was also recognized by Frost & Sullivan analysts for its ability to understand the short and long-term needs of its customers, assess the competitive marketplace, chart a vision for the future and then transform that vision into a comprehensive, value-driven product and service portfolio.
Frost & Sullivan cited Motorola Solutions’ broadening portfolio and sales strategy with leadership positions in:
- Mobile broadband-Professional Mobile Radio integration (WAVE Push-to-Talk (PTT)
- Heads-up smart glasses and the “Connected Police Officer” concept
- Collaboration tools (command & control, Intelligent Data Portal, secure applications, Computer Aided Dispatch and evidence collection)
- Venture capital investments (SceneDoc, Vocalzoom and ShotSpotter).
Some of Motorola Solutions recent investments in its smart public safety portfolio include:
- CyPhy Works, a leading developer of advanced unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), also known as drones.
- Emergency CallWorks, a leading provider of Next-Generation 9-1-1 (NG9-1-1) call-taking software for public safety.
- VocalZoom, a developer of sensors for speech enhancement.
- SceneDoc, maker of “public safety’s trusted digital notebook.”
Mobile: +46 (0)707448893
Frost & Sullivan Corporate Communications – Europe
Phone: +39.02.4851 6133