COLOGNE, Germany – November 23, 2016 – To effectively respond to fires, natural disasters and other dangerous events, the control room, dispatch or medical staff need to know who will be arriving on the scene. The new ADVISOR™ TPG2200 TETRA two-way pager from Motorola Solutions enables them to send a loud, clear alert to large groups over a broad area, indicating that help is needed. The pager also lets personnel acknowledge that they are responding to the call, which allows the sender to determine if they have sufficient personnel to effectively address the emergency.
“With our ADVISOR TPG2200 we are reinforcing our commitment to developing mission critical solutions in close collaboration with our customers to meet the ever changing needs of first responders. The new pager has been developed together with one of our public safety customers and we plan to sell the device globally”, said Mark Schmidl, vice president of sales for Motorola Solutions in Europe, Middle East and Africa. “Our new pager offers our customers a reliable, cost-efficient way to alert firefighters.”
- Enhanced coverage: The pager features a fully integrated internal antenna and 1.8 Watt transmit power so that first responders can be quickly and safely reached – wherever they may be. The Graceful Service Degradation Mode (GSDM) ensures that even in areas with weak coverage, TPG2200 users will still be able to receive alerts.
- Simple controls: Large buttons clearly indicate their functionality, making it easier to send and acknowledge pager alerts. The pager is easy to use, even with one hand, and allows first responders to quickly read messages on the bright 2-inch color display. Since the user interface is based on Motorola Solutions’ most popular and widely used TETRA radios such as the MTP6000 Series and the MTP850FuG, this ease of use will translate into the TPG2200.
- Compact design and secure communications: Thanks to its lightweight, compact and robust design, the TPG2200 can be carried anywhere. The pager is built to last and offers an Ingress Protection (IP) 54 rating against dust deposits and water splashes. For enhanced security, it supports multiple air interface encryption protocols including BSI SIM and TEA 1-3, enabling the secure delivery of information.
- GPS location services: With integrated GPS capability, the pager helps the control room see where their firefighters or emergency responders are. Moreover, public safety organisations can also identify TPG2200 users located in an emergency area and only alert those personnel instead of sending a callout to the entire population of TPG2200 users.
- Fast, easy device management: Integrated Terminal Management (iTM) enables organisations to centralise device management and support the mass configuration of a large amount of terminals in a single programming session. By enabling iTM terminal management in the TPG2200 pager, users can manage all devices at the same time – together with their TETRA radios.