Motorola Solutions Launches New TETRA Radio for Fire Departments
Motorola expands its world-leading TETRA portfolio with simple and reliable MTP830 S designed for use in difficult environments
November 23, 2010
Maidenhead, UK – November. 23rd, 2010 – The Motorola Solutions business of Motorola, Inc. (NYSE: MOT) today announced the launch of the new MTP830 S TETRA radio, designed for fire departments that need easy-to-use devices with reliable access to critical controls. Fire fighters will benefit from the proven and trusted user interface of Motorola’s TETRA radios, as well as from the addition of new features such as an enlarged multifunction rotary button for volume control and simplified keypad for quick access to radio functions like group call selection.
Motorola is presenting the new portable TETRA radio to industry experts at Stand B30 at the PMR Expo trade show in Cologne, Germany from 23rd to 25th November 2010.
– The new MTP830 S portable TETRA radio is distinguished by its robust and intuitive design. The device features a large, simplified keypad, which makes it ideal for use when wearing gloves.
– An enlarged multifunction rotary button on the radio makes it easier to regulate volume and change the TETRA talk groups.
– In an emergency situation where a user may be unable to move or is hurt, an emergency call can be immediately made with the MTP830 S through the built-in “Man Down” sensor. An integrated GPS receiver can also provide location information to assist in managing responses, further enhancing user safety.
-The device includes features such as the ETSI Class 3L (1.8W) transmit power and increased receiver sensitivity for improved coverage in TMO and DMO operations, ensuring Officers can communicate over a wider area, delivering improved coverage in buildings or built-up areas.
– With its IP55 (Ingress Protection rating) certification the rugged MTP830 S is engineered to resist heavy water streams and dust – a critical requirement for fire fighters.
– Motorola and official suppliers offer a wide range of performance matched, robust and reliable accessories which allow professional users to further customise their MTP830 S TETRA radio.
– The MTP830 S is the latest development in Motorola’s TETRA portfolio, which comprises infrastructure solutions, radios, applications and services. With the corresponding specifications, Motorola is able to tailor its solutions to meet the different needs of teams entrusted with public safety.
Office: +46 707448893 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting