Independent BDBOS test laboratory certifies high performance of the Motorola TCR1000 with special focus on security as well as frequency performance and handling
IDSTEIN, Germany – Sep. 28, 2012 – Motorola Solutions (NYSE:MSI), a leading provider of mission-critical communication solutions, is the first German provider to receive the TETRA (Terrestrial Trunked Radio) terminal certification from the German Federal Agency for Digital Radio of Security Authorities and Organisations (BDBOS). The Motorola TCR1000 TETRA Covert Radio was examined in an independent test laboratory and demonstrably fulfils the highest performance and security standards. Andreas Gegenfurtner, vice president of the BDBOS, presented the federal agency’s first certificate for a digital radio handset to Peter Damerau, sales director BOS at Motorola Solutions. On the same day, Motorola celebrated another important milestone: the delivery of the 100,000th TETRA digital radio terminal to German security authorities and organisations (Behörden und Organisationen mit Sicherheitsaufgaben – BOS).
Motorola has been supplying TETRA digital radios and equipment as well as associated management and other services to a number of German security authorities and organisations ever since the first TETRA invitations to tender in 2009. These include security forces in Berlin, Hesse, Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania, Lower Saxony, Saxony-Anhalt, Schleswig-Holstein, Thuringia and federal security organisations. The global Motorola Competence Centre for TETRA digital radios is located in Berlin.
- The TCR1000 TETRA Covert Radio from Motorola provides security authorities and organisations with a highly secure communication solution. The device is discreet and can be used intuitively. Its small and lightweight design helps officers disguise their equipment under light clothing during covert operations. The body-worn double-loop antenna enables unique performance and maximum coverage.
- The Motorola TCR1000 also offers air interface and end-to-end encryption in accordance with the requirements of the German Federal Office for Information Security (BSI).
- With the certification, the BDBOS ensures that TETRA digital radio devices meet the sophisticated requirements of the German BOS. An independent test laboratory has been assigned by the BDBOS to audit features such as implementation of German BSI encryption, radio RF performance, and compliance with the many new features and functionality required to meet the specific needs of the diverse users of the German BOS network.
- The Motorola TETRA portfolio comprises infrastructure solutions, terminals, applications and services, which are currently used in more than 100 countries around the world. The company continues to maintain its leading position in the area of TETRA digital radio solutions and has delivered more than 1.9 million TETRA digital radios worldwide.
- Motorola’s robust, intuitively operated products are subjected to rigorous testing at every stage from the development phase onward to guarantee high quality and reliable operation even under extreme conditions.
Peter Damerau, sales director BOS at Motorola Solutions Germany GmbH
“We are very proud to be the first provider to receive the official BDBOS certification for a TETRA digital radio terminal in Germany. This underlines how our TETRA digital radio solutions are leading in the market and meet the high expectations of German security authorities and organisations. After delivering the 100,000th TETRA digital radio terminal to the German BOS customer, this is another important success for our team.”
Website: Motorola Solutions
Phone: +49 – (0)6126 – 9576 – 502
Mobile: +49 – (0)172 – 6161 – 773
Mobile: +46 – (0)707 – 448893