- Partnership with Qinhuangdao Port upgrades entire TETRA communications system
- Thousands of high-performance TETRA radios deployed to ensure safe and stable port operations
Beijing, May 11, 2015 –Motorola Solutions (NYSE: MSI) today announced that it has successfully expanded and upgraded the TETRA digital radio trunking system for the Qinhuangdao Port – the largest energy export location in China – and has also provided the latest TETRA mission critical radios, to furtherimprove the reliability and efficiency of the port’s daily operations.
This is Motorola Solutions’second partnership with Qinhuangdao Port. The company also provided TETRA systems to a number of other ports in 2011including Qinhuangdao, Cangzhou, and Caofeidian. The new project not only reflects the customer’s trust in the reliability and quality of Motorola Solutions’products and services, but also demonstrates the company’s leadership position in digital radio communications technology for ports.
The Qinhuangdao Port is currently the largest energy export port in China. As the main hub for shipping coal from the north to the south of the country, it shoulders the responsibility to supply coal for the ‘eight provinces and one city’ in the south. In recent years, with the continuous expansion of the coal wharf, the oil wharf, the miscellaneous wharf and the container terminals of the Qinhuangdao Port, the port’s export volumes have increased.
In addition, because the port mainly involves outdoor operations, the workplace is harsh, and both the air’s humidity and the salty fog from seawater are heavy, which are corrosive to the equipment. These factors drive special requirements for radio reliability, durability and corrosion-resistance performance. To meet the demands of these challenging conditions, the port authority decided to expand and upgrade its TETRA system, which will also increase operational efficiency.
The TETRA system provided by Motorola Solutions for the expansion and upgrade of the Qinhuangdao Port includes nearly 2,000 units of the MTP3100 portable radio, multiple MTM5200 TETRA mobile radios and Dimetra Compact sytem with two base stations.
The upgraded TETRA system has a centralized recording subsystem to ensure clear work assignment and accountability in port dispatch. This provides a solid foundation for safer operations at the port. At the same time, all of Motorola Solutions devices are rugged, reliable and waterproof.
The MTP3100 meets the industry’s highest dust-proof standard of IP6x and is very suitable for the dusty coal wharf. It not only ensures that wharf workers can maintain smooth communication even in the outdoor environment, but also provides a reliable tool for safe operations and timely dispatch. In the future, the Qinhuangdao Port will be able to transmit data using the new base-stations and Motorola Solutions’ TEDS-ready MTM5200 mobile radios. The new technology will enable the transmission of location information of the gantry crane, the bridge crane, and the container in the yard, as well as the data of thecontainer’s number, goods and other data in real time. This will dramatically improve the port’s IT-based and automatic operation capability.
KEY FACTS of MTP3100
- The MTP3000 Series has higher receiver sensitivity and a 1.8W output power. It provides optimal network coverage, increased coverage within buildings, and enhanced safety for customers.
- The two control knobs are used for volume control and call group selection respectively. When customers carry this product, they don’t need to worry that the radio isn’t in sight to affect their operation.
- The side connector is rugged, durable and can be installed quickly. Customers can install and remove the audio accessory within two seconds.
- The typical application scenarios include: people who are patrolling in the field and want to maintain communication with their supervisors; when working on the wharf of a major port or within a factory or doing repair work, the repair team can maintain contact with each other, to ensure effective and adequate collaboration; meeting the mobile communication needs of field staff for dispatch and call.
KEY FACTS of MTM5200
- Enhanced audio, improved coverage with additional Rx sensitivity.
- TEDS-ready for high-speed data transmission, to help customers increase operational efficiency, and also allow them to obtain more information in the field and make better decisions.
- Reinforced design for the perfect fit between the mobile and the accessories as well as increased reliability.
Michael Jiang, chairman and president of Motorola Solutions China, said, “We have maintained a long-standing, positive partnership with the Qinhuangdao Port. From earning their business in 2011 to the supply of several thousand units of the TETRA devices at the end of 2013, and the beginning of 2014, and again to the expansion and upgrade of the port across the board this year, Motorola Solutions has been striving to provide efficient and reliable digital radio communication solutions for China’s port customers.”