Intelligent Communications as a Service to Help Caribbean First Responders with Their Mission
Motorola Solutions introduces a hosted turnkey solution that provides access to public safety mobile applications
- Intelligent Communications as a Service is designed for public safety and emergency response teams who need specialized public safety communications over broadband networks, using purpose-built and traditional smart devices.
- The service relies on secure and interoperable-capable voice, messaging, mapping and whiteboarding group communications.
ARUBA – May 5, 2017– Motorola Solutions Inc. (NYSE:MSI) introduces at the 32nd Annual General Meeting and Conference of the Association of Caribbean Commissioners of Police (ACCP), Intelligent Communications as a Service. This service model gives public safety and emergency response agencies access to public safety mobile applications as a recurrent subscription for easy deployment so they can respond more efficiently to the needs of the community.
It will also allow agencies to start the service promptly without the need for an initial capital investment on servers and data centers and with the assurance of periodic software updates, keeping the service always up to date.
“Motorola Solutions’ Intelligent Communications as a Service will allow public safety and emergency response agencies in the Caribbean to access and share critical information and intelligence in an extremely secure way, over existing broadband networks,” said Francisco Urdáz, director, Business Development for Latin America & Caribbean, Motorola Solutions. “For a recurrent subscription, critical users will have updated public safety solutions ready to provide intelligence in real time.”
The company’s public safety mobile applications are a highly effective way to share critical intelligence among officers in the field and personnel at the command center. They work across different networks and devices, enabling real-time communication and collaboration that can accelerate time to resolution.
The service package includes mobile apps such as:
- Messaging, which lets first responders securely share text messages and photos with individuals or talk groups across smartphones and two-way radios, enabling faster communication and collaboration. For example, Messaging enables a user to send a photo to a voice talk group.
- Mapping, which enables location-based collaboration by showing nearby officers and quickly creating “geo-fenced” voice- or text-based communication groups with officers in the vicinity. It allows an officer to talk to another officer one block away – even if he doesn’t know the officer’s name.
- Whiteboarding, which enables in-field, interactive collaboration and information-sharing. It allows officers to graphically share operations, response plans and areas of interest through drawings on a shared map on their devices.
- WAVE, Motorola Solutions’ push-to-talk (PTT) solution that lets smartphone users securely communicate with a simple press of a button. In addition to enabling groups of smartphone users to easily communicate with one another, WAVE also can provide a PTT bridge with the land mobile radios police use today, enabling teams to communicate using push-to-talk across networks and devices.
- Secure telephony, which enables users to make secure, encrypted phone calls.
This service can run on the Motorola Solutions LEX L10 – a mission-critical LTE handheld device for public safety ⎼ or other Android-based devices with access to cellular networks. Applications are also integrated, so they can work together and strengthen their connected capabilities, generating quick interactions among them.
Intelligent Communications as a Service delivers essential solutions to keep first responders connected with the right information at all times.
- Watch a video of public safety mobile applications in action
- Read the announcement of Motorola Solutions’ new software enterprise
- See how public safety applications deliver mobile intelligence to users in the field
Gina Paola Acosta N.
Communications Manager for Latin America & the Caribbean
O: + 571-6022111
M: +57 310 8806688