Bittium showcases products and solutions for next-generation tactical and secure communications at the DALO Industry Days – the event is organized by the Danish Ministry of Defence Acquisition and Logistics Organisation on August 24-25, 2022, in Ballerup, Denmark. This is the first time that participation is possible also for other than Danish companies. This year, Nordic defense cooperation is a special theme at the event.
The tactical communications product portfolio on exhibit at the event enables broadband IP-based data transfer and voice across the battlefield. For example, the Bittium Tactical Wireless IP Network™ system and Bittium Tough SDR™ radios can be used to form modular tactical communications networks that are resilient and enable real-time situational awareness. The newest product on exhibit is Bittium Tough VoIP Field Phone™ 2, a next generation VoIP phone that enables reliable communications in the challenging and quickly changing conditions of the battlefield.
The products and solutions that enable secure communications include the ultra secure and rugged Bittium Tough Mobile™ 2 C smartphone and the related Bittium Secure Suite™ back-end system. The newest solution on exhibit is Bittium Tough Mobile 2 Tactical that enables secure and efficient mobile communications for soldiers. The solution combines the Tough Mobile 2 smartphone, Bittium Tough SDR Handheld radio or a third-party tactical radio, and the complete solution is complemented by software for secure communications and accessories designed for military use.
All the products are compatible with each other, are based on the latest software and device technologies, and offer diverse connectivity options also to third-party equipment and systems.
Products and solutions showcased at the event:
- Bittium Tactical Wireless IP Network™ (TAC WIN) is a Software Defined Radio based wireless broadband network system intended for military and public safety use, which enables forming of MANET (mobile ad hoc network), link, and connection networks into one logical IP network quickly, no matter what the location is. Bittium TAC WIN is an excellent data transfer solution for example for weapon systems and unmanned vehicle platforms due to its mobility, low latency, and high bandwidth features.
- Bittium Tough SDR™ product family consists of Bittium Tough SDR Handheld™, tactical radio for dismounted soldiers, and Bittium Tough SDR Vehicular™, two-channel tactical radio for vehicle installations. The uniquely wide range of frequency bands in the next-generation tactical radios improves combat survivability, and using several waveforms, even simultaneously, improves compatibility and enables operations on different levels and missions.
- Bittium Tough Comnode™ fulfils the data transfer needs of mobile troops for example as a VoIP phone, IP router, and field wire repeater. Additionally, Bittium Tough Comnode enables also using legacy Combat Net Radios (CNR) as part of the IP-based tactical communication system (Radio over IP, RoIP).
- Bittium Tough VoIP Field Phone™ 2 is a next-generation VoIP phone, which, thanks to its features, accessories, and powering options, is the optimal solution for battlefield, vehicles, and command posts. Together with the distributed and survivable Bittium Tough VoIP Service™, calls between the Field Phone 2 users are enabled regardless of where and how the users have been connected to the network.
- Bittium Tough Mobile™ 2 C smartphone is the perfect solution for ultra secure mobile communications. The smartphone is a combination of unparalleled hardware- and software-based information security features as well as durability, and two completely separate and hardened operating systems; Confidential and Personal. Security policies and other parameters of the two operating systems can be modified with Bittium Secure Suite management software to answer different user needs. The supervised and secure supply chain ensure reliable and secure communication and handling of data.
- Bittium Tough Mobile™ 2 Tactical is a complete solution that enables soldier mobile communications. It is based on the secure and rugged Bittium Tough Mobile™ 2 smartphone that can be connected to Bittium Tough SDR Handheld™ radio or third-party tactical radios. The solution is compatible with different battle management systems, which enables real-time and efficient sharing of situational awareness in tactical networks. The solution is complemented by software for secure communications, and accessories designed for military use, including Bittium Tactical Power Pack™ and a rugged tactical case that enables easy use and mounting of the phone to soldier gear.
- Bittium Secure Suite™ device management and encryption software product enables efficient utilization of the information security features of the Tough Mobile smartphones as well as reliable mobile device management, remote attestation, and securing the network connections of the device. Together, Bittium Tough Mobile™ 2 C and Bittium Secure Suite form a smartphone solution that has received official Confidential level encryption product classification (NCSA-FI).
- Bittium Secure Call™ covers end-to-end encrypted voice and video calls, group calls, messages with attachments, group messaging, push-to-talk voice messages, and a feature that destroys messages after a predefined time. Bittium Secure Call communication application is available for Bittium’s secure smartphones, Android devices and Windows desktops. A user organization can easily integrate Bittium’s complete security solution into its own back-end system. This enables the organization to keep the devices and communications between them under its own control.
The products and solutions are showcased at Bittium’s stand 13.