Airbus Defence and Space releases new broadband product family Tactilon Suite
New set of secure broadband solutions facilitates an efficient, gradual changeover from narrowband to broadband
Airbus Defence and Space will be showcasing its new broadband product family Tactilon Suite at the Critical Communications World exhibition in Amsterdam. When it comes to enhancing Professional Mobile Radio (PMR) networks with broadband services, public safety organisations and other PMR network users can opt for tailored solutions enabling them to have a smooth transition from narrowband to mission-critical broadband step by step. The Tactilon Suite comprises secure products clustered in three categories: devices, applications and infrastructure.
“Our customers expect us to continue to provide cutting-edge solutions. This is the reason why we are currently working very closely with the 3rd Generation Partnership Project (3GPP), the standardisation body of the telecommunications industry, to shape next-generation technologies for Public Protection and Disaster Relief,” says Olivier Koczan, Head of Secure Land Communications at Airbus Defence and Space. “The Tactilon Suite product family is a concrete result of this work.”
The Tactilon Suite includes products and solutions, such as the Tactilon Dabat radio, the group communication application Tactilon Agnet, the compact tactical LTE solution Tactilon Cell, Tactilon Secure MVNO and Tactilon Management. All these products help end-users to communicate effectively using LTE services.
- The new Tactilon Dabat integrates a complete Tetra radio and a rugged smartphone in one device. It is both a Tetra handheld and a smartphone. Tactilon Dabat features Mission Critical functions, a touch-screen display and front/back cameras. The radio module offers all the functionalities once found only in Tetra radios. Tactilon Dabat is interoperable and can work on any standard Tetra network – it is a big leap in Tetra evolution.
- As part of the changeover to full broadband services, Airbus Defence and Space has developed the Tactilon Secure MVNO (Mobile Virtual Network Operator) solution. Users gain secure and trusted mobile access to new broadband services through hybrid networks, for example using video and mobile office applications, without compromising the security of their operations.
- Tactilon Agnet is the group multimedia communication application for smart devices. It fully embraces 3GPP standardisation. This tailored solution brings together tried-and-tested PMR services like push-to-talk and multimedia sharing via broadband. It enables professional users to communicate with each other whether they use a PMR radio or a smart device.
- The Tactilon Cell, a stand-alone tactical cell, offers transportable LTE services. For those who are in need of a small LTE network, the Tactilon Cell is the ideal solution. It comprises a base station, terminals, LTE software and an app server for mission-specific applications, such as Tactilon Agnet multimedia group communication. All the cell features comply with the latest standards of the 3GPP.
- Tactilon Management is a centralised subscriber management tool for mission-critical communication networks. Network operators can easily integrate commercial broadband users into existing PMR networks and control access rights and maintain a high level of security at short notice. The tool was introduced in 2013 and is already in use on a nationwide level in Germany and Finland.
All new Tactilon Suite products will be presented at the Airbus Defence and Space booth D 42 in hall 8 during the Critical Communications World exhibition in Amsterdam from May 31 to June 2, 2016. The Airbus Defence and Space press briefing will take place on June 1 at 9:00 am at D 42.
Anke Sturtzel + 33 1 6138 5330 firstname.lastname@example.org
Kai Schlichtermann + 33 1 6138 5547 email@example.com